The teeth are produced with highly sensitive digital devices, and it is finished by taking into the glazing unit. It is inserted into the mouth of the patient again in the same session and the procedure is completed. With this application, which lasts for an average of 30 minutes, the patient will complete the treatment in one session.
CEREC – CAD/CAM SYSTEMS
CEREC technology is a short-term restoration technique with high-quality ceramic materials to digitise and design the teeth and provide optimal benefits to the patient. The technological software and computerised design unit available in the CEREC system enable the tooth designs to be created with an artistic touch in the most appropriate way with the patient’s face and mouth structure. The problematic teeth are digitally imaged so that it can be totally compatible with the patient’s mouth. Today, CEREC Technology is accepted as the most modern and effective method in dentistry.
WHERE IS CEREC TECHNOLOGY USED?
CEREC technology is used;
- for laminate veneers (leaf porcelain, contact lens laminates)
- for zirconium crowns
- for porcelain Fillings and it provides the most effective dental restoration in the shortest time possible.
- in smiling design and making of aesthetic porcelains
- in the treatment of cracked and broken teeth
- in treatments of filling the openings between teeth and correcting the teeth deformities
- instead of amalgamated or composite filling treatments, CEREC technology has replaced the old treatment methods because of its advantages such as ease of application, high compliance and success rate, and its short-term advantages.
ADVANTAGES OF CEREC TECHNOLOGY
CEREC technology can reduce the waiting time to 1 week and the procedure is mostly performed in one session. Moreover, it can be applied to every patient who wants to get new teeth without losing time. This technology, which provides each patient with a special design, restoration, and single appointment treatment opportunity, enables you to do your dental restoration in about 30 minutes without the need for temporary tooth / fill construction. And your dentist controls the whole process. Benefits include:
- Treatment with a single appointment
- Dentist control throughout the process and untouched production
- Comfortable and time-saving because no dental prosthesis/filler is used
- All processes are realised in a digital environment (sensitive compliance at the micron level)
- Sterilised, aesthetic, rapid and compatible treatment- cost-effectiveness
HOW DOES CEREC TECHNOLOGY WORK?
The dentist first takes the 3D measurements of the teeth with the help of a digital camera. A new teeth design is made by considering the wishes of the patient and examining the anatomical structure of his/her mouth. In order to ensure that the designed teeth matches the mouth of the patient, a suitable ceramic or hybrid ceramic block is placed in the scraping unit.